[Runequest] Throwing weapons

Robert Hoffman iquinn at surewest.net
Thu Jan 21 12:45:29 EST 2010

Short spear is easy since it translates to a javelin, though you might lower
the base percentage when using the spear due to lack of balance.  Doing the
flasher Hollywood style throws with large spears or swords I've generally
limited to a one shot (no experience dots) 05% chance (plus agility bonus)
with 01% chance to impale.  This certainly depends on the tone of your
campaign though; watching movies it would seem this heroic action is quite
common though in reality it would seem to be as likely as trying to impale
someone with a caber toss!

Cheers,
Bert