[Runequest] Boosting spells - difference in RQ2 and RQ3?

strobus at sympatico.ca strobus at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 11 10:39:16 EST 2010

Hi Lev,

Your page numbers are different from mine - I've got the AH deluxe box with individual books. I'm looking at the section in the INTRODUCTION called COMMON MAGICAL PROCEDURES AND CONCEPTS, subsection SPELLS: Total Magic Points (pg. 9-10) "Total magic points for spirit magicians equal one per point of spell plus the magic points used to boost the spell"

Then, a little later, under Spell Boosting (pg. 11) is says "...additional magic points can be added to any spell in order to help it overcome defensive magic."

Based on this, I would say your presumption is correct - these extra points do not influence the resistance table roll. The answer to your situational question is "no".

Regards,

Chris