[Runequest] Shield & armor questions

Bjørn Are Stølen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:20:00 EST 2010

Here are some video links to youtube that shows some of what I've tried to explain. First a comercial vid. showing Dave Rawlings demonstrating his interpretation of some of the I-33 techniques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egwTkA1r57w&feature=related

The second video shows "Roland" (Don't remember his sir name) demonstrating the potential of the viking-round shield (mind you, there exists no manuals showing how vikings actually used their shields, so all this is only speculations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8SRaa33otU&feature=PlayList&p=F819756565D69D3F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=47

This video shows the heather shield in combat. In the first duel, you clearly see how much less agile theese types of shields are; even when you take of the shoulderstrap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehi9RU1NL2w&feature=related

The last video is a show-fight for audience done two years ago, showing heater og kite shields in action (there actually is a bucler in there somewhere as well) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fYkVdivs1Q