[Runequest] Medieval Tech Levels

Mark Ahnen ahnen at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 11:36:43 EST 2010

Granted, Rubin....how long did it take to go from fueling fireworks in China to blasting the gates of Constantinople?  Not 2 millenia.  And hydralics were used by the ancient Greeks in their temples.

A quick study of 'secret ops' and truly secret ops shows people are inventive and keep secrets poorly.  Indeed, many civilizations 'invent' things separately....but not in fantasy worlds.

Fantasy worlds are remarkably stagnant.