[Runequest] Medieval Tech Levels

Mark Ahnen ahnen at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:47:47 EST 2010

Asher, et al,

Something that is dreadfully missing is cause and effect.

Weapons develop in response to technology available and defenses employed.

Defenses develop in response to technology available and offenses employed.

What I find so bothersome, wearisome, annoying, what have you, is that in fantasy roleplaying...technology apparently hits a level and stagnates for millenia (some ancient, bastard sword floating around...or are ancient, enchanted/cursed weapons all clubs?)

Basically, you are focussing on stagnation.  That's cool...is it really worth spending so much time to justify it?

Just something to think about....

My best,

Mark