[Runequest] Runequest Digest, Vol 31, Issue 10

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Wed Dec 15 05:48:48 EST 2010


Andy Brick wrote:

> IIRC washing off Concentrated Sulphuric acid with water actually made it
> far more dangerous. If your palm is dry, you can hold a "puddle" of it in
> your
> hand with no ill effects. It feels kind of soapy. But if you add water to
> the
> mix, then it starts to burn badly! The best way of getting rid of it was
> to
> wipe almost all of it off, then wash directly under a tap.
>
> In general, the "wash it off" advice - with PLENTY of water - is good -
> but
> sometimes it can do more harm than good.
>
> /Andy
>
Interesting, I flunked out of chemestry in form 2 but recall a lot of
experiments used hydroclauric acid (HCL?) Wonders if the same would apply,
or if that one just dilutes down. Any other major forms of acid out there.
Carbonic acid I suppose could be concentrated. Is that stuff certain ants
spray, - formic acid (SP) really acid?




More information about the Runequest mailing list