Andy Brick andy at exeus.com
Tue Dec 14 22:19:46 EST 2010

>     I'm no chemist, but I'd figure that acid splashed on a character should
>  only have a few melee rounds of effect.  And washing it off with plenty
>  of water (more than just a canteen) should reduce the number of melee
>  rounds.  But that's old news.

IIRC washing off Concentrated Sulphuric acid with water actually made it
far more dangerous. If your palm is dry, you can hold a "puddle" of it in your
hand with no ill effects. It feels kind of soapy. But if you add water to the
mix, then it starts to burn badly! The best way of getting rid of it was to
wipe almost all of it off, then wash directly under a tap.

In general, the "wash it off" advice - with PLENTY of water - is good - but
sometimes it can do more harm than good.

/Andy