[Runequest] Questions about armor.

Bjørn Are Stølen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:33:45 EST 2010

Well, if one find of asian armor brought back to sweden as souvernir counts as quite a bit, well, yes. (and you have to search for lamellar armor, scale armor only exists in RQ, I think)
http://www.midrealm.org/kith/kith/lacing_directions.pdf
 http://members.ozemail.com.au/~chrisandpeter/lamellar/lamellar.html

Here's a link to a picture of the viking-reenactors oh so frequent flirt with this one find of lamell in Scandinavia:
http://www.ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk/uk0017.html

If you want to play historically correctly, I'd only put armor on the lifeguards of extremely wealthy men, and leave the rest with no armor (or throwing out the soft-leather and hard-leather sections, replacing them with "light-textile armor" and "heavy textile armor".)

For those that want to play fantasy, well then, that's just fine, you can even ad horns on the helmets, and put plate-armor on your barbarians :)