[Runequest] Time and Skill Increases in RuneQuest III

Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 04:16:40 EST 2010

>> If they are simply disrupting a rat, a dog or each other for the POW
>> roll...cut them off.  I it it was not a 'stressful' situation (combat, life
>> and death, etc)...no POW gain roll, no skill rolls etc.

Styopa:
> The (legitimate, I think) question being, "how is this different from
> training a weapon skill?"

If you want to apply the training mechanic to POW, then there's
already a system for training stats. The rules state you can't train
POW, but you can ignore that if you want. I wouldn't want to replace
"you can't train POW" with "POW is ridiculously easy to train if you
have a Disrupt spell".

Phil Hibbs.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?