[Runequest] Three different topics.

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 04:00:32 EST 2010

At Agincourt Henry was standing over his brother, who was lying on the
ground, when he had part of his crown hacked off of his great helm by a
Frog with an axe. The only problem his brother had was that he had
gotten hit in the knee & his knee cop had dented enough to lock-up &
prevent him from moving. The damage to his knee was slight though a bit
bloody according to descriptions.

I can also tell you in 52 years of being a sword jock in a variety of
forms, getting smacked in the arm or the leg, even if glancing, or
wouldn't have penetrated the armour, stuns the arm & leg on occasion.
One trick I've often used in the SCA & elswhere is through a hard punch
into the shield over where the wrist or elbow rests using my basket hilt
or shield edge. That often stuns my opponents shield arm enough that it
slows him down so he's not as fast on blocking.

Skal,
Sven