[Runequest] Three different topics.

royce at efn.org royce at efn.org
Thu Apr 22 10:12:38 EST 2010

Hi, Guys,
   If I may impose I have three things I'd like to throw it into one email.

1.  A question on parries.
   In RQ, parrying with a spear and parrying with a sword are equally
practical.  Is this realistic?

2.  A question on RQ III vs. 2nd edition BRP.  The RQ III rule of flexible
armor giving only half protection against crushing attacks (e.g. a mace).
BRP instead has a stun result for special hits with crushing weapons.
Which rule do you prefer, and why?

3.  The other day, the venerable D&D module B2, Keep of the Borderlands
got mentioned.  I would not hold it up as an example of excellent
adventures, but I will jump to its defense for one reason.  It is a very
satisfactory primer on elementary RPG for youths.  Back in the day, many
kids around age 12-14 got started with peers.

   Sincerely,
Asher