Hola Hallo easysamurai at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:58:32 EST 2010

>There is the antagonist who takes off across country when he hears the
>PCs asking about Dragon Mountain, inspiring a pointless series of
>cross-country chases. When you catch up with him you discover it's all a
>big misunderstanding, but decides to try to kill you anyway. I also
remember
>several other pointless fights and thugs with Italian accents - written as
>such in the text!
>
>Anyway, that's what I recall of it.

OK, I understand now. So is there anything salvageable at all in it?

>Well, a few years back I played in a classic D&D campaign and all the
>old modules there would have worked quite well (albeit with some
>editing). The Saltmarsh trilogy, the Slavers, the Giants, Drow and
>(seriously needing editing) the Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

What was good about it?
I agree that the Drow would be too difficult to adapt... Maybe Uz close to
the Underworld and with Aranea cultists...? :P

>I also think Keep on the Borderlands could work well, as long as one
>includes the 'missing half page' that actually explains what is going on!

I have only read about it. It looks a bit like the "Borderlands" campaign
with Raus Fort, doesn't it? Do you know if any of the scenarios could be
adapted to Raus Fort? And BTW what's that 'missing half page' you mentioned?

I ran "Gaumata's Vision" some years ago. I agree it's a fine scenario. But
very difficult to run as you imagine it in your head! I put a great deal of
effort in making sure the players weren't 100% sure if that village was the
one they were looking for. They had 5 suspect villages. The 'problematic'
one was the last one they visited... and they just left without finding
anything!!! :-O
So then I had to give them an obvious clue: that that was the last village a
group of missing templars had recently visited before disappearing.
Then they went back there, but decided not to approach it by the main road.
I asked them: OK, so do you approach it by the right side or the left side?
They went for the right side... and they found a barn... you can guess what
happened next... [?]
Approaching it by the right side would have yielded completely different
results, of course. Look at the map.

Anyway, nowadays these same PCs are amnesiac and most of the children
escaped, so now I'm planning for them to find a group of innocent, poor,
abandoned children looking for refuge at Fort Raus... (maniacal laughter)
[?]

What was your experience with this scenario???

BTW, Lev, I've been following your Prax-chronicles to get ideas for my own
Pavis/Prax campaign! [?]