[Runequest] Favourite RuneQuest Scenario..

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Thu Apr 15 08:52:49 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 13:50 +0200, Hola Hallo wrote:

> I haven't read "Dragon Mountain", but I'm interested to know why it is
> bad.

There is the antagonist who takes off across country when he hears the
PCs asking about Dragon Mountain, inspiring a pointless series of
cross-country chases. When you catch up with him you discover it's all a
big misunderstanding, but decides to try to kill you anyway. I also remember
several other pointless fights and thugs with Italian accents - written as
such in the text!

Anyway, that's what I recall of it.

>  Is there any D&D scenario that you do woud like to run (adapted) for
> RQ?

Well, a few years back I played in a classic D&D campaign and all the
old modules there would have worked quite well (albeit with some
editing). The Saltmarsh trilogy, the Slavers, the Giants, Drow and
(seriously needing editing) the Queen of the Demonweb Pits.

I also think Keep on the Borderlands could work well, as long as one
includes the 'missing half page' that actually explains what is going on!

> BTW, what is your favourite RQ-scenario?  :-)

Nice tangent! (Subject header changed to reflect this clever idea)

Gautama's Vision from Shadows On The Borderland. That is seriously one
of the creepiest scenarios I have seen in any game system. There is
also so many, many ways that the PCs can make a complete mess of it..