[Runequest] Character Improvement (was Re: Divine Intervention in RuneQuest)

Tom Cantine tcantine at incentre.net
Thu Oct 22 11:08:28 EST 2009

Well, it need not actually be the same skill; it could be the opposed
skill. For example, if you get criticalled by a pikeman, odds are you
left yourself open in some critically vulnerable way. So in that case,
I'd actually allow a skill tick for parry or dodge. So later on,
reflecting on the experience while recuperating, the PC recognizes "If
only I'd led with my LEFT foot, he wouldn't have caught me off-balance
like that!"