[Runequest] Divine Intervention in RuneQuest

Gary Sturgess gazza666 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:20:17 EST 2009

2009/10/20 Phil Hibbs <snarks at gmail.com>:
> Styopia:
>> Spreadsheeting this a while ago, a POW 2 character could get his POW up to
>> 10 in anything from about 2 weeks to 2 months (lots of variables there).
>> (Faster, if you allow more than 1 POW gain roll per day.)
>
> "Tick frenzy", as it was known in my group, is once per week. You need
> a week of "down-time" to do skill-ups and POW gain rolls.

We use a slight variation. Still once per week for skill ups and POW
gain rolls, but you can get two ticks if you special in a skill, and
three if you critical (non-cumulative). And we have allowed all skills
to be improved by experience.

This means that PCs potentially gain more skill points, but on the
other hand you see a little bit less of "right, got my tick with that
weapon, let's use this one next" since you at least wait until you
critical before switching. :)

To be honest, though, I think I might prefer a non-random method of
character improvement.
--
GAZZA