[Runequest] Divine Intervention in RuneQuest

Peter Maranci pmaranci at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 03:10:55 EST 2009

Styopa wrote:

"Then again, if you're following canonical POW gain roll rules, your given
enfeebled adventurers could sit in a local tavern, using disrupt or whatever
1 point spell they have against stray animals, rodents, and frogs (assume
POW 1d6), and relatively quickly train up their POW."

I thought that getting a POW gain roll check required a successful overcome
in a meaningful situation, i.e. potentiall life-threatening? While vermin in
a tavern might give you the plague and kill you that way, any player who
tried to convince ME that overcoming a mouse or rat justified a POW gain
roll would have gotten laughed out of the room.

But I do recall being in that situation. As I recall, we went looking to
fight low-level undead for a while; skeletons usually had a POW of 1, I
believe.

And under RQ3 rules, it was possible for acolytes and higher levels to get
POW gain rolls by leading (or possibly participating in) religious
ceremonies on holy days or high holy days, wasn't it?

->Peter

Peter Maranci - pmaranci at gmail.com