[Runequest] Divine Intervention in RuneQuest

Phil Hibbs snarks at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 22:04:25 EST 2009

Lev:
> e.g., Facing the Watchdog of Corflu and a not insubstantial number of
> Lunars led by the Coders, Red Mouse watches his friend Honest John fall
> to the ground due to a well-thrown spear; he immediately calls for Zola
> Fel's assistance and allocates 3 of his 5 Divine Intervention points;

Your system gives the player more control over the DI process than
traditional systems - sure, they don't get to choose exactly what
happens, but there is the guarantee of knowing that it *will* work. I
would temper that by saying that they don't get to choose how many
points get used, it's all or nothing. Personally I like the existing
random system - DI should be something unusual and special when it
works.

Phil Hibbs.
--
Don't you just hate self-referential sigs?