[Runequest] Mongoose to release a new version of RQ II

Tony Den postmaster at runequest.za.org
Fri Nov 13 16:15:05 EST 2009

Phil Hibbs wrote:
> Tony Den:
>> Why would it be a slap in the face?
>
> Because a lot of people have an emotional attachment to the real
> "RQ2". It's like if New Line commissioned Alan Dean Foster to write a
> novelization of the LOTR movies. A lot of people would be upset by
> that.

Apples and oranges in my opinion. Reckon one should try and mentally
distance each version and accept each individually for its own strengths
and weaknesses. Kind of like the LOTR movies in a way. A lot of people
winged incessantly about them not being true to the books, but can a movie
ever do so? Its different media, I just watched them ean enjoyed them for
what they were. it helped not having re read the books for about 20 years
:) Just my ZWD6million (2 cents)
Tony