[Runequest] Mongoose to release a new version of RQ II

Pete Nash the.iqari at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:55:33 EST 2009

>  From the unemotional clinical side, having two RQ2's causes potential
> confusion, undermines past blog and review references and taints the
> name-space.

Unfortunately, yes it does.

But the reason why fans started using the monikers RQ2 and RQ3 was because
the game's name *didn't* explicitly change with each version. What with the
RQ4 confusion (is it a legitimate published game or not?) and the fact the
Mongoose release was branded MRQ by the fanbase, they probably feel
legitimate in calling it 'RuneQuest 2' since they own the name rights and
it'll end up being referred to as MRQ2 anyway.

> This comment is in no way is intended to show a lack of respect for the
> authors behind the new MRQ2 release. I think the new results will be greatly
> appreciated by many.

None taken.  Naming is a management decision, not the authors. :)

I just hope it'll be given fair consideration, despite this issue.