[Runequest] [SPAM] Re: ***SPAM*** Armour weight/enc

Bjorn Stolen stolenbjorn at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:57:41 EST 2009

Yep, the eternal "book-keeping/complexity" vs. "realism".

On this one, you don't need to ad up the encumbrance and subtract it from Fatigue (well you do, to sort out the SR-penalties and the "Habit Rating" was extra book-keeping;"How long have you actually worn those bryniehoses?") We solved it by letting the GM deal with all technicalities, and leave the players with the actual roleplaying. IMO that is the best way to roleplay, and since I don't think RQ3's fatigue rules are very accurate/realistic anyway, I've allways thought that the extra book-keeping is not worth the effort, so I've usually just skipped them, just estimating how tired charaters are, letting them roll CON as some kind of willpower-test to see if they manage to push themselves for another 10 seconds, or wether they faint from overheating. It's (IMO) really only in player vs. player that rules have to be cut in stone.