[Runequest] Skill conversions

David Smart jurrubin at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:57:50 EST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM, alan richards <alanjrichards at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> In the Appendix of RQIII was a chart mapping 'old' RQII skills to 'new'
> RQIII skills. Pick Lock and Set/Disarm Trap mapped to Devise; Identify
> Plant, Find Healing Plants and Find Animal Feed all mapped to Plant Lore and
> so on.
>
> Does anyone have the chart to hand and would they be prepared to post it?
>
> (In one of my periodic fits of rationalisation I gave RQIII away; you know
> the thing '*Ah ha I have another copy of RQII now and Elric! and new BRP,
> don't need this X can have it*')

Your command is my wish.  ;)

RQ2 SKILL.............RQ3 SKILL
Evaluate Treas........Evaluate
Read Own Lang......Read/Write Own
Climbing................Climb
Defense.................Dodge
Hide Item...............Sleight*
Jumping.................Jump
Lock Picking..........Devise**
Map Making...........***
Riding....................Ride
Swimming..............Swim
Trap Set/Disarm.....Devise**
Listen....................Listen
Spot Hidden Item...Scan
Spot Trap..............Search
Tracking................Track
Camouflage...........Conceal
Hide in Cover.........Hide
Move Silently.........Sneak
Pick Pockets.........Sleight*
Oratory..................Orate

* If an adventurer is skilled both in Pick Pockets and in Hide Item, choose
the higher percentage of the two and enter it as his Sleight skill.

** If an adventurer is skilled in both in Lock Picking and in Trap
Set/Disarm, choose the higher percentage of the two and enter it as his
Devise skill.

*** Map Making has been eliminated as a generally-available skill. If your
gamemaster allows it, treat Map Making as a Craft.