[Runequest] Divine Magic Again

Hibbs, Phil phil.hibbs at capgemini.com
Wed Jul 29 18:04:34 EST 2009

Stypoa:
>That seems like an unreasonable bargain...as long as your multispell % is
> decent, why cast a single 10-point "blast of whatever" at someone, when
> you can cast 5x 5-point spells for the same cost? (And if the scaling is
> linear, get 250% 'bang' for your MP 'buck'?)

I can't remember the official rule on resisting, but I always ruled that
each spell is resisted independently, so someone with 12 MP is resisting the
5 spells at 85% instead of one big spell at 60%. Similarly, the small spells
are more likely to be bounced by protective magic. I once had a player
sorceror kill himself by sending 17 1-point Venoms at a big monster, not
knowing that it had a "reflects 1 point spells" chaos feature.

Phil Hibbs.

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of
companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in
England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No.
1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB
</PRE><p style="font-family:arial;color:grey" style="font-size:13px">This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.</p><PRE>