[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Wayne Shaw shaw at caprica.com
Fri Jul 17 05:48:42 EST 2009

At 12:21 PM 7/16/2009, you wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Wayne Shaw
><<mailto:shaw at caprica.com>shaw at caprica.com> wrote:
>
>Huh.  That must have been a change in RQ3; I certainly don't
>remember it from earlier editions.
>

>It was indeed a change made for RQ3.

Now that my memory's been jogged, I even remember why it was done;
there was an issue about crits against unarmored targets at one time;
an interim rule had it bypass armor or do max damage if unarmored,
but this had very peculiar effects where someone was vastly better
off with even minimal armor (a point, say), so they made the problem go away.

Ironically, impales got less nasty between RQ2 and RQ3.