[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Wayne Shaw shaw at caprica.com
Wed Jul 15 02:30:15 EST 2009

>Core rules definitely say that critical hits bypass everything. There
>is a Dwarf enchantment in Elder Secrets that allows them to "buff"
>their armour so it works against critical hits, and I suspect the
>sorcery spell Resist Damage could be argued to work.

I believe Damage Resistance (the sorcery spell) is an exception to
that, but I could be remembering a houserule from somewhere.

>But personally I find the effect of critical hits to be too
>overwhelming - maximising damage AND bypassing armour. We've house

Uhm, crits didn't necessarily do maximum damage.   Non-impaling
weapons didn't do anything special, damage wise (critical impaling
weapons were, of course, incredibly ugly).