[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Gary Sturgess gazza666 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:40:32 EST 2009

> From: runequest-bounces at rpgreview.net
>
> A few random armor questions for folks:

(snip!)

Core rules definitely say that critical hits bypass everything. There
is a Dwarf enchantment in Elder Secrets that allows them to "buff"
their armour so it works against critical hits, and I suspect the
sorcery spell Resist Damage could be argued to work.

But personally I find the effect of critical hits to be too
overwhelming - maximising damage AND bypassing armour. We've house
ruled it so that critical hits merely maximise the damage done;
arguably this is not really fair for dagger wielders hoping for a
lucky shot, and it certainly makes missile weapons a lot less
dangerous. It's a work in progress at the moment.
--
GAZZA