[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 09:53:38 EST 2009

Yes, I recall arguing for armour effects during play-testing back then.
For example Most swords do little or nothing against plate, but a
bec-de-corbin or falchion would damage plate as I'm sure you're well
aware of. It didn't go to far beyond house rules that I used in my
games. I still have my notes on some lined paper from the 70's.

What I have used on house rules is, on an "attack" roll that is a
natural 01, a critical hit or a special hit that exceeds the AP value of
the armour, the armour loses a point of AP besides whatever other
effects the blow would have. Thus magical armour is unaffected, and it
favors/simulates the kinds of things a more experienced fighter can do
by finding the weak points in armour or striking more effectively.

Try that & let me know what you think.

Skal,
Sven