[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Sven Lugar vikingjarl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:40:53 EST 2009

Yes, I have tried it & it works rather well. In fact it was one of the
design ideas that was used in the original play-testing back in the
70's. The reason for it's lack of inclusion. One, people cry & there
became too much focus on armour hunting & repairing, two it was felt
that the shields & weapons falling apart seemed sufficient to simulate,
three expeience had shown that armour depletion tends to be slow &
subtle then a sudden cataclysmic failure - all of which would add too
much book-keeping to simulate accurately.

Magical armour that is grafted too the hit location absorbs critical
damage points, otherwise it is bypassed.
Skal,
Sven