[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Styopa styopa1 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 22:41:32 EST 2009

A few random armor questions for folks:

1) I'm curious if anyone has played with the idea of armor damage in the
same sense as weapons/shields, ie if the AP is exceeded, it takes 1 AP off
until repaired.  While my players would probably cry, I have to admit, it
sounds a LOT more realistic over time that characters would come out of a
hard fight with their armor in shambles - such is almost always the
description of medieval battlefields and survivors, anyway.

2) Physical armor, magical armor, natural armor and crits: how do you
resolve this in your game?  Do you judge that a crit ignores ALL armor
points (regardless of type) on a location?  Logically I can see how a crit
would bypass physical armor certainly, natural armor probably (there are
always eyes, unarmored joints, etc), but magical defenses?  As regards
natural armor, it seems cheesy that something with 12+ points of natural
armor could be slain by some schmuck's lucky blow by a normal sword (or
arrow; there's always that damn literary example of Smaug...).  I seem to
recall someone here mentioned a clever system that they had for determining
when some things were simply undamageable based on natural armor?