[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Tony postmaster at runequest.za.org
Mon Jul 13 16:34:11 EST 2009

Lev Lafayette wrote:

> *nods* That plus our group does damage transfers at half-value, rather
> like the old BattleTech. If you're out of hit points in your arm, for
> example, half the excess value transfers to the chest. So falling on
> your arm could also mean a broken collarbone etc.

I always quite liked that ides. Lads I gamed with years back had a home
brew system, loosly based on Top Secret SI. You marked half a block for
bruise damage and a full block for wound damage. There was damage transfer
and also your armour took damage that needed repair. So if you took 3
points on chest with armour, your had 3 points less armour there unless
you found timre to repair. Fallig damage was usually considered bruise,
but hight and what you landed on added lots of dice, so if you filled up
an area with bruize they woudl be come double bruize and hence a regular
wound (for broken bones etc).