[Runequest] Drowning, Falling and Poisoning in RuneQuest

Gary Sturgess gazza666 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 22:33:41 EST 2009

2009/7/10 Lev Lafayette <lev at rpgreview.net>:
> Given there's been a bit of discussion on the subject over the past few
> days and evidently a few of us (including myself) didn't have their
> books immediately at hand, I thought I'd drag out what I have and
> double-check. So here is .. the comprehensive guide to Drowning, Falling
> and Poisoning in RuneQuest

(snip!)

Thanks for this! It appears that there is at least one thing from 2nd
edition that could have done with porting to 3rd (besides the Alchemy
system - no poisons, antidotes, and so forth in 3rd edition, though
there are fan contributions to address that...

> Chaosium RuneQuest 2nd Ed (Falling): Note that there is an errata sheet
> that came with later printings. This is the errata rules. No damage of
> less than 1m, 1d6 for 1.1m to 3.0m, 2d6 for 3.1 to 6.0m, 3d6 for 6.1 to
> 9.0m, 4d6 for 9.1 to 12.0m etc. Momentum can also increase damage.
> Armour protects in some instances, Protection and Shield etc always
> does. Normal limits on damage per location does not apply. Damage is
> applied all to one location; a Jumping roll can determine what this is.

I actually own a bunch of 2nd edition stuff (including the core rules)
but I've never run or played it, so I missed this. I think this idea
of using Jump to determine the location is a pretty good one; it's not
as if Jump is a super skill in RQ3.
--
GAZZA