[Runequest] RuneQuest stuff on Ebay and Strike Rank variation

Lev Lafayette lev at rpgreview.net
Sat Jul 4 09:24:58 EST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 11:40 -0700, Wayne Shaw wrote:

> This would seem (as all such systems do) to provide an overly strong
> benefit to those with high Dexterities.

Whilst I certainly prefer game systems that separate Manual Dexterity
and Reaction/Agility, I don't think that this system provides any
additional advantage to DEX to that which already exists in the RQ
rule-sets. In fact it's slightly less in most senses (DEX 7-13) because
DEX no long affects spell-casting speed.

There is, of course a notable benefit of high DEX due to the # of
actions per round, but I consider that a benefit rather than a bane.
Fast characters should act more often.

I should also mention that an action in this context does mean an
attack, a parry, a move etc. So characters with a DEX of 6 can either
attack, parry or move. A character with a DEX of 15 can attack, parry
and move!