[Runequest] strick ranks continued

grogthing grogthing at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 05:20:36 EST 2009

While a faster person may strike first most times, they are not always able to.

And as a simulationist, you must realise that there are more variables in a real fight than just speed and weapon size.

Is there sweat in your eye?

Did you sleep on your shoulder funny the night before and get a kinked muscle?

Did you eat well earlier and have do you have good energy reserves?

We dont' stat out all the hundreds of things that can affect one performance to keep a person with high speed from being their maximum speediness every time they perform.

But those things do exist and the random variable represents all those things that are not mapped directly to stats.

The generally faster person can not guarantee faster performance 100% of the time.

Greg