[Runequest] strickranks

Hibbs, Phil phil.hibbs at capgemini.com
Wed Aug 19 00:39:20 EST 2009

>I find it ironic that the inventor of strike ranks now eschews them.

That was years ago. Times change.

>Personally I find they work quite well, and keep the combat
> advantages of initiative down to character STATs and weapon
> and armor choices. For me the more luck taken out of initiative
> the better.

Doesn't it seem odd that a tiny difference between characters can make the
difference between always being hit first, and always hitting first? Then
again, first-mover advantage isn't that huge as there are no wound
penalties.

Phil Hibbs.
Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of
companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in
England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No.
1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message