[Runequest] strickranks

John Haverkamp magbhitu at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 23:28:41 EST 2009

I find it ironic that the inventor of strike ranks now eschews them. Personally I find they work quite well, and keep the combat advantages of initiative down to character STATs and weapon and armor choices. For me the more luck taken out of initiative the better.

I've read Steve's new system and quite agree with most of his changes from runequest 3. I will however keep the the strike ranks as per.

The factor of base SR detemind by DEX and SIZ is great in my opinion and holds the udber-Stat problem at bay. Particaly since high SIZ can be such a penalty for certain skills in ver. 3.