[Runequest] monsters fighting seasend pcs

Wayne Shaw shaw at caprica.com
Sun Apr 26 04:43:37 EST 2009

At 07:17 AM 4/25/2009, you wrote:
>hi as my players are so good if i put some orcs against them what kind
>of stats would i do for them in the monsters book they seem rather week

They're default basic orc warriors for the most part.  Unfortunately
balancing encounters in BRP style systems is even more of an art than
in most games, but a good approach is to put approximately
compareable skill values out there; that still shouldn't be
overwhelming as the PC magical prowess will probably be significantly
higher than the orcs, including such things as Protection and
Bladesharp spells.