[Runequest] Primitive Culture

Tony postmaster at runequest.za.org
Tue Apr 21 16:06:32 EST 2009

Paul Cardwell wrote:
> I am working on a series of booklets (one per culture) on what one of my
> testplayers, Dan Richards, called "anthropological roleplaying".  Basing a
> character on actual cultures is useful for producing a well-rounded
> character, as the culture brings in all sorts of baggage in the form of
> food preferences, clothing, how infants are carried, attitudes toward
> women, fabulous beasts, spirits, etc.
>
> I would be willing to discuss this sort of thing off-line - or if enough
> are interested in establishing such a thread, online as well.

This sounds fantastically interesting. I am not sure my model is mature
enough to engage you right now (I am still trying to wean my players off
the one dimensional orc they seem intent on interpreting:) but I would for
sure be interested to hear othe rpoints of view of the list is keen on
such a discussion.
Tony