[Runequest] Primitive Culture

Gerall Kahla ops at gerallkahla.com
Tue Apr 21 11:47:19 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 21:02 +1000, Lev Lafayette wrote:
[snip]
> > Anyhow, I was thinking, after just finishing Shelters of Stone by Jean M
> > Auel, that perhaps a nice take on primitives would be Neanderthals.
> > Assuming they survived being assimilated/exterminated by the Cro Magnons,
> > and also that they did continue to advance as well, albeit at a slower
> > rate or along a different path of priorities, they could be an interesting
> > take on primitive society, where it would be so much more than just
> > culture, but a whole different racial thinking and way of life.
>
> Sure, I don't know what you'd do with characteristic scores.

While this link has as much to do with primitive cultures as The Lord of
the Rings has to do with Medieval England, I still present it for your
consideration:

http://outre-ality.bravepages.com/hominid.html

> > I think I may experiment with this as a GM, will post back  here on my
> > findings.
>
> I used the primitive culture template for some of the animist cultures
> in my RuneQuest Malay Archipelago game that I ran many years ago. Let us
> know how your experiment goes.

I'm on both the AlternateEarthRQ list, so please post away! Very
interested in seeing how things turn out - Thanks for sharing.

--
Gerall Kahla