[Runequest] Primitive Culture

Paul Cardwell carpgachair at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 01:14:20 EST 2009

I am working on a series of booklets (one per culture) on what one of my testplayers, Dan Richards, called "anthropological roleplaying".  Basing a character on actual cultures is useful for producing a well-rounded character, as the culture brings in all sorts of baggage in the form of food preferences, clothing, how infants are carried, attitudes toward women, fabulous beasts, spirits, etc.

I would be willing to discuss this sort of thing off-line - or if enough are interested in establishing such a thread, online as well.

Paul Cardwell