[Runequest] [MRQ] Empire Builder

David Smart jurrubin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 05:36:59 EST 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Tony <postmaster at runequest.za.org> wrote:

> Thanks David, fantastico news. Or actually, sould I be thanking you
> because now I know I will have to go buy it:) Maybe ignorance was bliss
> but I have been meaning to start on MRQ so maybe this is the best high
> point to jump in with. Would you recomend any other specific publication
> to go along with this or maybe a punter such as I (I too have been playing
> RQIII for something like 2 decades, plus harnmaster on occasion, on da
> side_ could wing it for now with just this volume?
>
> Regards and thanks for the enthusiastic write up
> Tony

About the only other recommendation I can give is 1) try to get the RQ
Deluxe rules (combining the RuneQuest main rulebook, the RQ Companion book,
and the Monsters book) rather than pay for the individual books, and 2) buy
the books from Amazon.com. Amazon has most of the books for less than store
retail and, in most cases, you can get free shipping in the U.S if your
order total exceeds $25.00

The GM's book is very handy as well. Re: magic systems, Cults of Glorantha
Volume One covers the divine magic and associated cults as defined for the
Glorantha world. Volume Two cover shamanistic/spirit magic, again as it
pertains to Glorantha. I don't have either one yet.

You may want to consider subscribing to Mongoose's RQ forum, if you haven't
done so already. Tons of good feedback there from other players. The forum
can be found at:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=79