[Runequest] RQ3 strike rank question

Tony postmaster at runequest.za.org
Tue Apr 7 14:58:14 EST 2009

Styopa wrote:

> The question is then, how do you properly and reasonably account for the
> idea of someone quicker than another?   idea I had was to use an old
table from Star Fleet Battles - the impulse chart. (example here
> http://www.seeyouinspace.org.uk/library/impulsechart.zip).  Essentially
> then<snip>

Another option is to try something like the Silent Death starrship game,
where movement works in terms of how far one can go (translate how fast
you are) and initiative lost has the looser moving first, allows a fast
initiative winner to get the drop, come up behind their opponent etc.
Tony