[Runequest] RQ3 strike rank question

Wayne Shaw shaw at caprica.com
Fri Apr 3 04:22:53 EST 2009

At 03:21 PM 3/31/2009, you wrote:
>  Greetings Folks
>
>       I known some people choose not to use strike ranks but I
> would like to so any help here would be great.
>        If a character had a DEX SR of 2, a SIZ SR of 2, and used a
> short spear SR 2 wanted to move 6 meters to attack someone he would
> start on his DEX SR of 2 + 1 SR per 3m moved, so at SR 4 would he
> add his DEX SR of 2 again + his SIZ SR of 2 and weapon SR of 2 to
> attack on SR 10 or would he just add his SIZ SR of 2 + Weapon SR 2
> and attack on SR 8?

It'd be 10.  Though its been ages, I'm pretty sure you have to start
the count after the movement, not combine it.

(The way movement was integrated into RQ strike ranks, especially
RQ3, was the single most annoying thing about it from a GM point of
view as you had to keep track of this penalty for all the damn
movement from all the NPCs, which could be a nightmare.)