[Lexoccultum] What now?

Michael Cole mcole222 at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 27 17:54:56 AEST 2019

Actually, I wouldn't mind going to see that myself.

--
Regards, Michael Cole

    On Monday, 27 May 2019, 4:51:51 pm AEST, Simon Stainsby <bikenerd at gmail.com> wrote:

 Hi Andrew,
I will be going to this free Medieval music event this Thursday ....
If you don't get a game up, please join me ....

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/medieval-and-renaissance-ensemble-tickets-54385704105

Medieval and Renaissance Ensemble
by The Faculty of Fine Arts and Music, University of Melbourne

Description
J Ruth Wilkinson (director) and John Weretka (director).
This Montpellier Codex and lavishly decorated manuscript is a
repository of 345 works which reveal the development and popularity of
a new style of compositions called the motet. The multi-layered texts
of these works reveal much of what life was like in the late 13th
century at the University of Pris, one of the first institutions of
its kind in Europe. The texts refer to political intrigue, forbidden
love, student carousing and drinking and calls of the street vendors
selling their wares, such as fresh strawberries. These were heady days
for intellectual thinkers and the songs are described as "feasts for
the learned" by prominent theorist of the day Johannes Grocheio.